Born in 1908, Manik Bandopadhyay became a renowned Bengali writer known for his simple yet profound novels, stories, poems. Despite struggles with poverty, addiction, and ill health, he persevered in writing till his premature death in 1956 at 48, leaving a lasting legacy through his dedicated art.
Manik Bandopadhyay Biography PDF in Bengali
|PDF Title||Manik Bandopadhyay Biography PDF|
|File Size||188 KB|
- Early Life – Manik Bandopadhyay was born in 1908 in a village called Dumka in Bengal, India. His original name was Prabodh Kumar Bandopadhyay.
- Education – He studied in schools in Dumka and Calcutta. He was very interested in literature from a young age. He wrote poems, short stories and essays as a student.
- Career as a Writer – Manik started his career as a writer in the 1930s. He wrote many famous novels, short stories, poems, essays, etc. His writing style was very simple so common people could understand.
- Personal Life – Manik got married but he separated from his wife after a few years. He lived in poverty for most of his life. He struggled with alcohol addiction.
- Death – Manik Bandopadhyay died in 1956 at a young age of 48 years. He was very sick during the last years of his life. But he kept writing with dedication till his last days.