Major Dhyan Chand was one of hockey’s greatest players, renowned for skills and scoring goals as he led India to 3 Olympic golds while serving in the Indian Army, later honored for his monumental contributions to the sport.
Major Dhyan Chand Biography PDF in Hindi
|PDF Title||Major Dhyan Chand Biography PDF|
|File Size||270 KB|
- Indian field hockey player, considered one of the greatest ever.
- Known for excellent ball control, dribbling and goal scoring. Scored over 400 career goals.
- Part of Indian teams that won gold medals at 1928, 1932 and 1936 Olympics. Earned nickname “The Wizard”.
- Joined Indian Army at 16, later became a Major. Hockey was a hobby while in army.
- After retirement, coached Indian hockey team. Awarded Padma Bhushan in 1956. National Stadium in Delhi renamed after him in 2002.