ABAI International Trade Meet 2015
22ndSeptember, 2015, Hotel ITC Gardenia, Bangalore.
A World Trade Meet was organized by ABAI on Tuesday, 22nd September 2015 at Hotel ITC Gardenia, Bangalore. The objective of the meet was to have captains of the industry and Government of Karnataka meet with the Trade Commissioners, Diplomats and other key stake holders in round table interface. This offered an opportunity to inform the participants that AVGC industry would like to engage in meeting visiting trade delegations to India take delegations to AVGC events worldwide and explore opportunities of working together in mutual interest.
The guests who participated in the event are below;
- Ms V Manjula – Principal Secretary to Government
- Ms Tanushree Deb Barma – Director IT BT and MD KBITS
- Dr S Nagaraju – General Manager – KBITS
- Ms Prathibha Gangoji Rao – Senior Consultant, Finance Expert – KBITS
- Mr Simon Brier – Deputy Head of Mission – UK
- Mr Rory Picardo – Head India – Information Economy
- Ms Claude Masegosa – Head of Trade/Director of Business – France
- Mr V Bhaskaran – General Secretary – India China Friendship Association
- Mr P R Hegde – India China Friendship Association
- Ms Supriya – Common wealth of Pennsylvania
- Mr Parag Shirname – Queensland Government of Victoria Australia – Executive Director
- Mr Irfan Vazirally – Consul for Netherlands
- Mr Maher Doleh – Trade Commissioner – Canada
- Mr Junya Tashiro – Director General – JETRO
- Mr Swastik Kulkarni – JETRO
- Ms Jitika Narang – Indo American Chamber of Commerce
- Mr Srinivas Murthy – Honorary Consul – US
- Mr Ravichandar V – Honorary Consul – Slovania
The meeting commenced with an introduction by all the attendees to the chair.
Mr Biren Ghose – President ABAI – in his introductory comments mentioned how Bangalore has reached the no 1 position in the AVGC Sector in India. He also mentioned the vision to reach the no 1 position in the world in the next 10 years.
He narrated the success story of ABAI – DAC and TTT on how this is nurturing the ACGC sector in the Institutional level and by transforming the Karnataka digitally by fulfilling the requirements to create a digital base for the AVGC Sector in India.
He also spoke about ABAIs initiatives to facilitate networking with associations across the globe to develop talent in the industry and meet requirements with the latest technology.
Ms V Manjula, Principal Secretary to Government interacted with the participants and gave a brief of initiative of the Government for the development of AVGC industry in the State.
She stated that Bangalore occupying 1/3rd of the BT sector in India also has the largest IT cluster in India and about 39% of the revenue is contributed by Bangalore alone.
She mentioned it important to create an ecosystem among the Government, Academic Community, Industry and professionals.
She also spoke about the vision of GoK of creating employability and to look beyond Bangalore in other cities of Karnataka for growth and for creating employability.
She also mentioned that the Government is keen to have collaboration with other countries in terms of sponsorship and participation in the events in the sector of relevance.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair and attendees by Mr Ankur Bhasin – Secretary, ABAI followed by a networking wine and cheese.