ABAI is a non-profit organization committed to developing the Animation, VFX and Gaming industry in India. We are a connector of the ecosystem – industry, academia, government & the community – and a catalyst for development.
ABAI initiatives / activities
While our initiatives are pan – India, we work very closely with the Government of Karnataka state in terms of both recommending as well executing policy for the Animation, VFX and Gaming Industry.
We are very actively involved in projects / initiatives pertaining to:
- Skill development
- Finishing School to create production ready plug and play talent. ABAI has put forth a unique, 1st of its kind proposal which has received a green light from GoK and is in the works, details to be updated shortly…
- Digital Arts Centers to help traditional fine arts colleges embrace digital. GoK is supporting Fine Arts Colleges across Karnataka to embrace digital by providing grants to set-up digital labs. ABAI is anchoring this project for GoK and is facilitating the process and helping with training, curriculum and industry alignment.
- Centre for Artists & Talent Development to foster a vibrant community. ABAI is working on this path breaking proposal, details to be updated shortly…
- Market & ecosystem development (in bound)
- Organizing & curating high quality industry events
- Annual flagship event ABAI Fest & Summit
- Digital Arts Symposium
- Animation, VFX and Gaming tracks during Bengaluru’s flagship annual event Bengaluru ITE.Biz
- Visits to markets, conferences, exhibitions and festivals (international as well as within India)
- Annecy, MIPCOM, MIPTV, Children’s Media Conference, UK (CMC), FMX, SIGGRAPH Asia etc – to help Karnataka companies to promote itself and stay connected with latest and greatest - business, technological and creative developments - in the industry.
- Supporting start-ups and IP creation
- Karnataka was the 1st state in India to announce a policy to support start-ups
- IP creation / short films etc. are on the radar and have been recommended for the upcoming AVGC (Animation, VFX, Gaming and Comics) Policy
- Infrastructure development
- Digital Media City
- AVGC Lab comprising of mo-cap stages, vfx camera set-ups, DI & color grading suites, incubation space etc.
- Policy recommendations
- ABAI has made some very forward thinking recommendations for a new AVGC policy for GoK which is due to be released in the near future. We are confident that it will give a huge boost to the AVGC sector in Karnataka.
From left to right, the persons are:
Hanif Mohammed, Treasurer
Ramesh Rao, Secretary
Srinivas Bindiganavale, Joint Secretary
Biren Ghose, President
Ganesh Papanna, EC Member
Adi Shayan, Honorary Secretary