28thNovember, 2016, Bengaluru Palace
AVGC gets a boost at ITE.BIZ
ABAI was an association partner at the recently concluded Bengaluru ITE.Biz 2016 – a premier IT event in India. ABAI leveraged this platform for the benefit of the AVGC (Animation, VFX, Gaming & Comics) sector and contributed significantly to the success of the event. ABAI curated 2 highly informative and interesting track by a top line up of speakers. ABAI spared no efforts to spread the word and promote this event across all social media platforms, radio and online portals. ABAI also reached out specifically to industry leaders, animation/vfx/gaming studios, animation institutes, fine art colleges, engineering colleges, startups etc. through mails and direct calls, ensuring a house full event with an over pouring audience of 400 and above approx. for both the tracks. ABAI organized a special registration rate for AVGC sector for those attending only the AVGC tracks. Track 1 – AR, VR & MR
- Autodesk, MD, India and SAARC, Pradeep Nair – The unstoppable wave that is VR and AR is disrupting the way we are used to creating, distributing and monetising content. Virtual Reality offers an entirely new experience to audiences as well as storytellers. In his address, Nair shared stories of some such disruptor that are leading this trend.
- Blippar, VP of engineering for AR content platforms, Satheesh Subramanian – The speaker elaborated the difference between AR and VR, the history and the current trends and the market opportunities that exist for both.
- Happy Finish, CEO – APAC, Ashish Limaye – He threw lights on Why, How and When of VR. Limaye will also edify about leveraging the mobile ecosystem where brands and consumers can meaningfully engage through a good VR experience.
Track 2 – Animation and Animation Technology
- DreamWorks Animation India Unit, general manager, Damien de Froberbville – The speaker introduced the craft of animated movie making while also shedding light on the production journey of a story from script to big screen. He explained the different stages of production and how technology today enables storytelling.
- Adobe Systems India, executive director and VP (Products), Shanmugh Natarajan – The speaker elucidated the technological challenges faced by the creative industry and how developments in technology can help address these challenges. Natarajan also provided a sneak peek into the future and how cutting edge technology can help the creative bunch make good experiences great.
ABAI had also arranged a VR experience zone which was a huge draw – companies like Samsung, Autodesk & Digital Jalebi showcased their VR offerings in the exhibitor area. Apart from these, start-ups from the AVGC sector were recognized as a part of the maiden ‘Startup Karnataka Top Tech 25 awards 2016’, which was held on 30 November. ABAI took an initiative of bringing the AVGC Startups in the forefront and helped them get recognition. 4 AVGC startups Digital Jalebi, Holy Cow Productions, Fragging Monk and Vedatma Animation Studios have made a mark by successfully bagging the ‘Startup Karnataka Top Tech 25 awards 2016’ award.